Friday, February 15, 2013

Don't Forget to Double Knot.


Love is the first sip of hot cocoa that bites your tongue and soothes your frosted sodden heart.

Love is a symphony.
It touches those who's ears are open, who's ready to hear, choosing to listen.
So listen to my heart try to harmonize with yours.
Feel the brass. Feel the winds and the strings. Don't string me along. Take me along for your ride. Let's dance and confide to this immaculate song.
Love is the cello that reaches perfect harmony with the flute for an enlightened moment. Love is playing the song 57 times. All beautiful. Never the same.
Love is a symphony.
And you're the director.

Love is a mailbox.

Love is a headlight. It breaks. It burns. It lights the way.

Love is the kind of timeless only found in a tired park bench.

Love is a shoe lace.
It trips. It ties. It holds in place. You hold me in place.
Your embrace is secure. So cure my loose ends and intertwine and interlock.
I'll intercept what you've kept as our secrets knot together, intruding the knots that tangle in my stomach and can't be untied every time we're entangled.




Love is holding me steady while I tie my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment