Friday, February 22, 2013

AND THE SKY WAS ON MY SIDE.


I couldn’t move. I decided it was because my clothes were too heavy. But really, the sky was too captivating. I was weak. I needed to be captivated. My limbs became loose, and the wind began commanding.

And the storm hugged me.              
                                                                                                             
I welcomed the sting. The sting concealed my body, and painted me with a mask. He was my favorite layer. He felt clean. The wet was so kind. He burned a little. But Rain loved me. He stayed with me when dry warmth had lied.     
   

       And with a humble blanket, Rain covered my withering body.

The storm was heavy. But the lightning was weightless. She lifted my blanket and I felt exposed. My eyes were too weak to be flashed with so many weaknesses. She mocked me. But I could not move. I had no strength to mock her back. Then she left, and my pain was again hidden in the mess of darkness.   
And Lightning showed me that I was truly alone.

The thunder was the most generous. He handed me a seamless moment of distraction. His voice rang with beautiful power, holding me in his strong grasp. My broken soul began to relax to his heart-shaking lullaby. And I felt safe. And no one could hear me. And I couldn’t hear myself. 

And thunder drowned out what my ears could not. 

  And for a flawless instant, I felt complete.    
                           

And for a flawless instant, I forgot that I wasn’t.

4 comments:

  1. I think I can speak for the lack of comments. This is too wonderful to describe, and for a flawless instant, I was speechless. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Scriver, it was (can't think of the perfect word)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah... You have an unbelievable talent for writing. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. All your writing is so captivating and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete