Thursday, May 2, 2013

I admit it. I can't do this alone.

 
It was just sitting there. Waiting for me.
 Was I too prideful? Or maybe just too forgetful. Did I keep putting off this amenity thinking this virus could wait? I don’t know.
 I hated that this problem had silently infested itself into my life. But it’s become a heavy part of me. A dark place that I should never want to escape to. But I do. I do because at least it’s familiar.
All I knew was that I couldn’t let it go. I hope it’s just because I’m a coward, and not the host of a sick and twisted mind. Either way. Help was just sitting there. Sitting on that stained and chipped countertop. Rotting.
Not rotting. Gods help doesn’t rot. But it should have been. It should have been decaying with every day I ignored it. But no. It was perfect. Just patiently waiting for me to simply ask for it. Waiting for me to realize that it wasn’t as complicated as I maybe wanted it to be. Waiting for me to become strong enough to give it away. Give it to him. And move on.
It’s time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    "God's help doesn't rot. But it should have been." How did you come up with words for this? Unbelievably beautiful.
    Leaving the familiar is uncomfortable and hard, but I'll tell you it shapes and strengthens you to the point where you'll never want to go back.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find that pic, i love it and it's perfect.... I love this post and it's perfect.

    you inspired me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete